The Marks

Marks & Spencer

It was my first time to buy clothes from Marks & Spencer. They have always been such an expensive store with blouses never costing less than Php 1,750. I know. I checked. This had always been a bummer because some of their styles are really nice, and they have sizes up to 22. I wondered how it feels to buy something from a nice store and not have to be looked at as if I asked for size 110.

Thanks to the super sale they held recently, now I know. It was breathtaking. They had dresses going as low as 350 and the cashmilon sweater I bought only cost me Php 525. That’s even cheaper than I can buy it in SM!

I did something risky though. I bought clothes one size down from my actual. I needed real motivation to get fit, and the thought of the soft turquoise sweater and the cute pleated black skirt and how I’d look in it would be a good addition to the cheerleading retinue. Damn, I wanna fit in that now, now, NOW.


Mark Ruffalo



I know he’s 40 and married with 3 kids, but I just can’t help but think he’s hot. Or were. Or whatever. I like the fact that 3 times in a row, he portrayed the kind of man I want to marry: sweet, funny, thoughtful and self-deprecating without losing self-confidence. Remember these chick flicks? 13 Going 30 (with Jennifer Garner), Just Like Heaven (with Reese Witherspoon) and Rumor Has It (with Jennifer Aniston)? Every time, he played the nice boy, the boy-next-door type which has always been a charmer for me. I recently watched the Jennifer Aniston flick on DVD and I can’t help but remember how intensely cute Mark can be. Hay.

I heard he had a brain tumor and had it removed in 2002. He got partial face paralysis because of its removal, when in fact it turned out to be benign. That must have been why he’s not been around lately. But if rumors were any indication, he’d be resurfacing some time soon with 3 new movies. I hope so. I really do.

I’ll pay every damn cent to see it.


Leaving a Mark

My problem is that, I don’t feel any pressure to write down the book. My supposed anthology is still floating in the creative universe because I can’t find the discipline to actually write it down. I don’t know why I ever believed I could get it written anyway. All I know is that the moment I realized I like to write, I immediately leapt to the idea that it was the way I was supposed to leave my mark in the world. I still feel that way. But dang it… It’s getting harder as the years pass me by.

Calling on the Muses… don’t let me be a fallen one. I mean, it would be tragic if I have the disposition of a writer (mood swings, temporary depression, insanity et.al.) without the actual output. That’s like getting the luck to ride on the right bus, but all 4 tires burst in the middle of nowhere, before getting anywhere.

That will suck, big time.


Mark my Spot

I’m a little confused about my blog. When I put it up, all I wanted was an outlet for all the pesky words buzzing inside my head. I had to let them out somehow; the words inside me were drowning me like you couldn’t believe. I’ve also let myself believe that it would be good practice while I’m not yet writing the book. This was freaking 2004. 4years later, I’m still practicing.

The blog. Okay. You see, in the Pinoy Blogosphere, blogs have a purpose. The clearer the purpose, the higher the reading audience. Sure, I’ve been blogging way before they even knew what blogspot was, but it seems that my lack of direction has left me eating their space dust.

There’s this guy I met in 2003, who now happens to be one of the heavyweights in the blogging circle. His site is focused on photography, and sometimes food and IT. I don’t know, maybe it’s also because he’s the networking type, but he’s in a circle far more powerful than most. And me? All the circles I’ve got are the ones I drew on the dust.

I’m asking if I should even care. I mean, I wanted to be read. But I’m having a hard time pinning my interests to just one thing. I’ve always had this dilemma growing up. I didn’t know what I wanted to be because I don’t know what I love doing the most. Being a Jane-of-All-Trade isn’t such a hot thing to be growing up, be sure of that. You’re just mostly confused.

And thus, my confused blog still baffles.

Bear with me. I’ll hit the spot, mark my word. It might just take me a century to find it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

The Last Station: Leo Tolstoy's Last Days