Chick Lit...A Hesitant Convert

How can you be hot and successful at the same time? It's not fair. Hmp. So, okay. I'm a bit green right now because, obviously, I want her life --- but of course, not in the i'll-steal-your-soul kind of way.

Meg Cabot is probably one of the, if not the, most successful teen lit writer in the US. Almost a third of her novels are being written into scripts for TV and the big screen. And the thing that really gets me is that, her story lines are fairly simple and general. So simple that they were actually my basic fantasies back when I WAS a teenager myself. The thing is, she managed to hold on to all of the nuances and was hardworking enough to write it.

I mean, hello, an ugly duckling who finds out she's really a princess? (See Princess Diaries) Moving into a new home and meeting a really hot ghost? (See The Mediator). Mine, mine too. What is amazing is that, she probably isn't even Gifted... you know, a real mediator or psychic or a medium... and I freaking am!!!! Well, I am a LITTLE.

Anyhow, it doesn't stop me from enjoying some of her books. I like the 1-800-Where-R-U series and I think I would like the Mediator (Hot ectoplasmic boy alert!!) .

And I thought I was regressing when I started reading Harry Potter. Look at this cover. It's probably something that will attract 8-year-olds. Sometimes, I wonder if I'm really growing up at all.


Other Teen Lit Favourites:

Sarah Dessen

This book down here made me feel all tingly in my tummy. Read it too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures