Hole in the Soul

It feels wicked.

All my life, I had a direction. Forward, always moving onward. Up. It feels like a sin, therefore, to not know where I really want to go now.

My dreams were ALL simple. And they all revolved around 2 people. Now those 2 people are gone, all the dreams broke along with them.

Now, I have none.

On one hand, it is the most heartbreaking thing to not know where you're headed. In the other, I feel like a clean slate able to go anywhere I want.

Except that I don't know where I want to go.

One of these days, I'll choose a path. I may or may not know where it leads. I'll just keep on living and being amazed by the knowledge that people can exist aimlessly ambling along. That people can even keep smiling with a Grand Canyon-esque hole in their soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures