Bead Power



My Tita and I are into a new thing: we're trying our hand at selling beaded jewelry.

I've been doing it for the last 2 years, mainly making abubot for myself and my friends. But now, Tita saw the profitability of it in the US where everything costs a lot. She asked me to make a few pearl strands which she brought to the States and what would have sold for P70 here sold for $5 there! And they say it's still so inexpensive!

Now, we're even selling some at the sari-sari store and somebody bought 2 bracelets already.

My only problem is, I'm so used to making the jewelry for myself that it's so hard to let go of them to sell. Of course I'll make them the way I want to wear them! Hay. But I'm enjoying it not only because I'm getting money from it but also because it feels nice when somebody likes the stuff I make.

Who knew, right? That I could cater to the tastes of the kikays of the world? :P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures