I Effing Won!

Victory! For the first time in my life, I actually won a contest open to the public. Yep, my first bit of good news is this: I'm one of the winners of the recently concluded SM Hypermarket Blog Writing Contest! I won meself Nike sunglasses... not the trip to Kuala Lumpur or the digicam (that went to the esteemed Anton and Anitokid), but wahey! Nike is Nike and winning is winning.

Check out the page where it's all made official:

Winners of th SM Hypermarket Blog Writing Contest

Congratulations to the othr winners too!

Now, I just want to know how to claim it. Hmmm, would have to ask. I wonder if I won't look daft wearing my new sunglasses this stormy season? But who cares, right? I effing won it!

Oh, wait, I am completely unprepared but I have a speech written here somewhere...

First of all, I want to thank the Good Lord, and my parents, and my sister, and Aling Marie who was my first yaya, and then Manang Sally, Ms. Manuel my English teacher who taught me how to pronounce Italy (it's "It-ly, not "I-tah-lee") and then, Aling Chona who sold us all the eggs where I got all the protein for my brain, and PC Express for my effing slow but sure computer, I Republic for cheap (and agonizingly slow) internet connection, and the SM Hypermarket Writing Contest judges who deemed my babble worthy of a prize. Thank you! I want to cry! Thank you one, thank you all! I love you Philippines, Mabuhay!

Teehee... I know, I know. I have a long waaaay to go before I make speeches for the Oscars. But we all have to start somewhere. :P

Seriously though, thanks judges!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures