Flushed and Rushed

When was the last time you came across a phrase about the mysteries of love which you can completely relate to?

I ask because I reread the book The Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman and there were a couple of lines there that really struck me. Here's the first one:

"Being in love was like China: you knew it was there, and no doubt it was very interesting, and some people went there, but I never would. I'd spend all my life without ever going to China, but it wouldn't matter, because there was the rest of the world to visit... (but) I thought: I want to go to China."

And on first being aware of love:
"She felt as if she had been handed the key to a great house she hadn't known was there, a house that was somehow inside her, and as she turned the key, she felt other doors opening deep in the darkness, and lights coming on."

Me? I want to go to China and I want to find the house that would feel like home. If I could only be so lucky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures