Avert Karma!

I think I did something wrong today.

Ella and I went to the grocery and shopped for food for the week. Now that we're on our own, we eat like college students (read: unhealthy). So our cart was full of canned goods, fresh chicken parts, Cheetos, Stuffins, eggs and instant noodles.

Thing is, when we reached the register, the cashier made a mistake in punching in the prices. After punching in a third of our purchases, she hit a key and the screen showed "Enter Bagger ID." Thing is, she did not press ESC when she started lasering the tags of the canned goods --- ALL of the canned goods. By this time, I knew something was wrong, but I wasn't sure, baka nagreregister naman, hindi lang nagshow sa screen. Then she turned her back again to get another plastic bag, and this time she pressed ESC, so the request for bagger ID was gone. Only then did the next items show up on the screen. When we got our receipt, it showed none of the canned goods and it was only then I was sure of the mistake.

The cashier was in a sour mood, maybe that's why she messed up. I did consider if she'd get into trouble, but I figured hindi naman siguro. After all, ang daming de lata sa mundo. I'm still not sure though.

But the effect is that, we have a cupboard full of canned goods which we haven't actually paid for. It certainly helps because we're a little tight for cash. I just hope Karma doesn't follow our tails to lash out. Kaya nga, I keep saying eh: Avert! Avert!

Moral of the Story:

If you're the cashier, don't gripe and see if everything you punch in is registering.

If you're the customer, shut up until you're sure there's been a mistake. And if it's too late to change it or nobody really gets hurt, keep shutting up. hehe! Salbahe! :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures