Oleander Days

Book in Hand: Rereading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Planet
by Douglas Adams (in preparation for the movie!)
Song in Mind: Love moves in mysterious ways by Nina
Word in Mouth: Payong, please????



Ever read the book White Oleander? Somehow, because of that book I now relate the flower with madness. And today is an Oleander Day.

I'm going stark raving mad with the summer heat!

Just came from a groundbreaking ceremony for a two-storey six classroom school building project in Taguig. Had to run around assisting the donors and the teachers in the laying the time capsule and shoveling of sand for photo ops.... under the sun. And my whole system is overheated rendering me more dysfunctional than I ever was. Good grief.

I don't even want to eat anymore, I just want to drink lots of liquid. That's probably a good thing except that I get even crazier without something solid to gestate. So it's a double Oleander day. All carbon-based life forms beware!

Okay, on a more serious note, I'm really loaded with work this week. There's this water project thingy I have to let fly sometime soon and it's driving me insane (making me thrice crazy) because nothing is going right. Ang kulit kulit kulit kulit pa nung donor. I can't blame them that much (konti lang), because ang kupad kupad kupad naman nung kausap namin sa government. Pag-uuntugin ko na ulo nila. Hay.

Can't wait for the weekend. I'm reading that deliciously thick book Norman lent me. I'm going to totally immerse myself in those fantasy worlds where the makulit and the makupad does not exist. So I'm an escapist, sue me. I am the citizen of a dozen countries all of which exists in my head; a million multiverse still yet to be explored. I do everything I could for this world, just don't take away the countless others I inhabit.

On yet another note, a friend disclosed his love life to me yesterday, and it was the kind of love story that I've read about in books. The kind that has never really happened yet in my little world. It made me kinda wonder... "Teka, teka, teka, bakit nga ba, up to now... kahit sino sa girl friends ko wala pang ganung story?" I've asked this some hundred times before, when we were in college. Pero, college was three years ago. Why it never happens to me, I can probably explain to a certain extent, but to all of my high school barkada save for one? That's kinda amusing. Or eerie. Or portentuous? Huh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures