Sabi mo eh!

Book in Hand: Renaissance Faire as edited by Andre Norton and Jean Farbes
Song in Mind: HAri ng Sablay (Pasensya ka na, madali lang ako mataranta! Me! So me!)
Word in Mouth: Too sick to open my mouth


Whoopeee! Congratulate me! I met someone who knew a girl I knew in high school. This girl knew me back during those days when I was into writing "young love" stories. (Eeeewww... Olivia tries to fight against the instinctive selective amnesia that is threatening her memories -- okay, Liv, you are adult enough now to accept that --- you were completely insane when you were doing that). Anyway, this someone I knew who knew that girl from high school divulged to me yesterday that the latter told her something. That I wrote stories daw nga. And that she thought they were pathetic stories. Her words were "Yucky! Just plain trash!" daw. Well, excuse me for breathing.

First instinct was of course, "#!#@!**#* niya! Bakit, nabasa ba niya? Teka, noon ba marunong na siyang magbasa?!" Anak ni Jolibeeng nanganak ng manok! Classmates at close friends ko lang nagbasa noon. At tsaka, hindi ko ginawa para sa kanya yon. Para kay ____ yon at kay ___, na kahit ano babasahin basta Backstreet Boys at Boyzone ang leading men.

But after five minutes of near asphyxiation and deeper introspection.... aaminin ko. Corny talaga. Lalo na kung ngayon ko babasahin. Tumatayo na nga balahibo ko everytime naalala ko na crush ko si Stephen Gately. Naging bida ko rin noon si Nick Carter para naman sa mga classmates kung may crush sa kanya. Si Ronan Keating din. Tapos dun sa mga books na yun, may mga ano pa...ah eh.. basta... yun na yun. WHolesome yung stories, pinakamalala na yung may naghalikan sa beach, dampian ng labi sa pisngi (eh malay ko ba paano i-describe ang french kissing... hanggang ngayon nga eh tanga pa rin eh).

So, my point is, comment assimilated. I think I just flared up by the way it was relayed to me. I could take constructive criticisms, ako pa? I'm always the first to say if I think I could do better. There could've been a better way to say that what I wrote totally sucked. But not everyone could be a Mother Theresa. Sa akin lang, please understand na lang na all my childhood energies were focused on those books. I'm not Ernest Hemmingway... and I'm still learning. I'll be good someday. Or my life is forfeit.

Tsaka I understand na I got it through chismis, and I don't think I'll carry a lifetime grudge just because I heard something from someone.

But still, this is for you -- girl from the past. Thanks ha? You reminded me of how flawed I could be. You helped me see how I could improve things.

And by the way? Sana nagpa-reconstructive surgery ka na ng ilong mo. Pango ka kasi.
Bwehehe! =P



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

The Last Station: Leo Tolstoy's Last Days