Himala

Ahahaha... I won a photography contest today. It's just a small contest amongst the other participants of the Workshop I took. You have to understand that I absolutely have no formal training on photography whatsoever and it kind of shows in my work. I took the training to help me "See New Ways" of taking pictures. To win first prize was a shocker. =D

I hope you bear with me. It's a first for me in this field, and I don't know if I'll ever win anything like it ever again. The other participants, my workmates, actually submitted better pictures (in my opinion). Their photos were fab -- clear, poignant, dramatic, romantic, shows technique.... but I guess the pic I took made them laugh. And that's probably why I won. The emotional tug of laughter is surprisingly buoyant and that's probably what they remembered. Of course, I'm just using "headology" here. I so wanted to pass another pic which I thought was a bit more artistic, a bit more professional...hehe, but the judges were not technical professional photographers so I went for the emotion rather than the technique. Guess it worked.

The shot was taken at Boardwalk near Manila Hotel. I chatted with the kids for a while before I started taking the pictures. And this is the best of that series.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The one below is a framing shot, the opportunity of which came to me as an accident.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And another personal favorite -- the kids in the shot below were hesitant to have their pictures taken at first. Had to win them over by chatting with them. I was taken aback when Jem (the boy on the right) told me, "taong grasa" lang kami!" But later on, when I showed them the pic through the digicam's LCD, he innocently remarked, "Ay, pogi pala ako??" =D

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures