A Day for Mourning

Book in Hand: Rereading the Gift by Patrick O'Leary
Song in Mind: The Prayer

It's not really a simple day at all. When I heard that the Pope is dead, I have to admit that something was definitely missing. Something good has gone from this earth and one could actually feel it. Blame it on magical thinking, but I really expected the world to shake when he died. And as it turns out, it did, yesterday, here in Manila. More than that though, I was expecting a choir of angels to announce to all the faithful that a saintly man was received lovingly by his Creator. But of course, that's just me and my delusions.

I may not have a right, but I do feel I've lost someone connected to me somehow. Or my soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures