I Got Scribd

While browsing through Yahoo answers the other day, I saw a reply to a "Where can I find the e-book of blah-blah-blah for free" which changed my netlife... at least for the last 4 days. Somebody suggested she check out scribd.com if they have the book she's looking for. I casually clikced the link, and a site highlighting manuals came up. Buti na lang, I decided to search for Sophie Kinsella, and I came up with 2 of her books --- in pdf format. I freaking hit motherlode.

I searched for every book I wanted the last few months: the Bartimeus Trilogy, the Twilight series, Sarah Dessen books, even Lord of the Rings Annotated versions. A-ma-zing!

Of course, nothing beats turning a page to read a book. But if something's for free, I'm willing to commiserate a few things.

I do not intend to become a full-fledged pirate, of course. I will pay for books of authors I respect. Nothing can replace a tangible, physical book. But during these times of tight purse strings and NFA rice, Scribd is manna.

:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures