Get this....

I'm in a net cafe and seated along my row are eight kids no older than 10 years old playing GTA. I feel like that tall guy in the movie Elf.

Not that it's a new feeling. I've been feeling more out of sorts lately. I've been given marching orders to rest my back for 5 days and thus had been lying down in bed for the last week. Imagine being on bed 24 hours a day for 4 days... you'd think it's some kind of heaven. It goddamn isn't!!! It just emphasized the feeling of disconnection to the world, and I'm still not over the rut.

That's why today, I went to DLSU to teach (2thousand bucks din yun) and spent the afternoon reading a book inside Powerbooks (no, I didn't buy it. What for? I've read it!). I have to get used to people again. My gosh.

I'm not a very good patient then, disobeying orders on the last day of recuperation. But I think I needed OUT to keep my sanity intact. Something I consider more precious than my spinal cord.

So there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures