The Two Towers

Yes, inside my room stands two towers ...

Two montezuma-sized towers of new books which I have barely touched the last 2 months. It's no secret that when it comes to books, I'm an impulsive buyer. If a title I was looking for catches my eye, or I was grabbed by the blurb of another one, I rarely hesitate to procure it. And nowadayas, I am barely human to resist temptation. I think I'm trying to keep myself distracted with this little errands I keep making up so that I won't have to spend time at home. So I could forget.

I really think I am crippled in my thinking and feeling lately. I keep asking myself what it could probably be.

Kanina sa simbahan, I was crying talaga, and I felt the impulse to call Gilda or Raffi. I wanted to ask them who I should approach to talk about my increasing anxiety.

It has stopped feeling nice, this compulsive book-buying. Life has stopped feeling nice, this last few months, actually. So I suppose it just figures. :(

Anyway, my reading list for Holy Week includes:

1. Hogfather - Terry Pratchett
2. Th 13th Tale - Diane Setterfield
3. Jigs and Reels by Joanne Harris
4. The Faery Reel - compilation of fantasy short stories (Datlow / Windling)
5. Emma - Jane Austen
6. Myth Busters - Christopher Golden
7. Serenity Falls - James Moore
8. Gormenghast - Mervyn Peake
9. Titus Alone - Mervyn Peake
10. Lost in a Good Book - Jasper Fforde
11. Well of Lost Plots - Jasper Fforde
12. Something Rotten - Jasper Fforde
13. Down the Rabbit Hole - Peter Abrahams
14. Smaller and Smaller Circles - FH Batacan
15. The Body Artist - Don Delilio
16. Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay- Michael Chabon
17. Art of Fiction
18. Handbook on Short Story Writing - Writers Digest
19. The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
20. The Decameron - Giovanni Bocaccio
21. Waters Luminous and Deep - Meredith Ann Pierce

Amazed, yet? And I'm still targetting to buy Neil Gaiman's Fragile Things and Banana Yoshimoto's Hard-boiled and Hard luck...

Someone's really trying to keep herself occupied this Holy Week. Perhaps to avoid introspection? To avoid listening to herself? Avoid hating herself for still being sad?

Don't look at me that way. What do I know about it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures