ThiSucks

I don't know if I'm just immature, but everytime I'm asked to work on STEP-UP, I'm as inspired as a dead frog. Financial trainings, investment management, housing loan, livelihood, drone, drone, drone, blah, blah, blah....That's all I hear.

So naturally, I can contribute naught to the discussions. I can't even bring myself to like it one iota. I honestly think the urban poor are hopeless. They are stubborn people to start with. They wanted to be there. And if they do want to progress, they will find ways on their own. With the countless opportunities being provided to them, they just suck on it until all blood's gone. Then they move on. Sometimes, it's not about the priorities anymore, it's their whole culture. And training, which I'm supposed to be doing, is SUPPOSED to help them. But one could teach them until their hair turns white, but if they don't want to do it, don't care to see it through, learn to find their own personal volition to do something, they would never really succeed.

Sorry. I gave up liking working with the urban poor. Time and time I have tried to see it another way, but they always disappoint. They are either smart alecky or bossy or stubborn. They think they are the world's worst off victims, they beg to be pitied and they think the world owes them a living.

This opinion is based on personal experience, but I hope I'm just wrong and stupid. Because if I'm right, then they all suck.

In the meantime, I'm to design trainings to help empower their asses off. A mighty hard one to pull if you just don't believe anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

The Last Station: Leo Tolstoy's Last Days