Chocolat and Death

I have been reading Chocolat by Joanne Harris for the last 2 days now and I am still, proud to say, in Chapter 5. Ha! Aside from the fact that I am reading it in between clients within the PBSP booth during the recently concluded CSR Expo at Sofitel Philippine Plaza, it is also too delicious to just gobble up without chewing.

Seriously, the book is something to be savored. I can almost feel like I was in France and that I am being harangued by the narrow-faced cure of the small provincial town. I can imagine myself inside the chocolatiere and actually selling them to people.

I can't wait to finish the book so I can watch the movie. :) Delicioso!

But other than taking my reading pleasure from the subject, i find that Chocolate is loosening its hold on me. The other day, a Snickers bar was waving at me from the grocery check-out counter, and I even went as far as touching the bar, but it did not tempt me. The word I think was, I felt "suya" of it already.

Maybe, the fact that indulging in it would be suicide due to my diabetes has a greater sway now as well.

Tsk, tsk. I think I'm no longer a kid. To be afraid of Death, one has to be old.

Ironically, I found myself thinking the other day that I do not want to live for very long. I even prayed to God that He should help me finish my mission early so I can also just go Home.

So which is it? To die early or not to die early?

That is the question.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

The Last Station: Leo Tolstoy's Last Days