Tales of the City 2

Book in Hand: Atlantis Rising by Brad Steiger
Song in Mind: Sleeps With Butterflies by Tori Amos


The best thing about leaving the house early in the morning is that I get to smell what our neighbors are cooking for breakfast. Seriously, now that our car’s aircon has broken down and we have to travel windows down, I get to appreciate the distinct smells of pritong tuyo and bagoong whenever we pass by the clump of houses near our place. Hmmm… sarap. I don’t eat breakfast, or rather, I don’t get to eat breakfast because I can’t bring myself to wake up early enough to have time to do that. But I appreciate the smell of food, whatever time of the day it is.

Hah. Shoot. I want tuyo and kamatis with toyo.

KIDS IN THE GARDEN

We don’t use the car everyday anymore because we’re kind of scrimping on gas. But the days that we do take the car are days I get to extend my sleep inside it. Guiltily, I admit I still don’t know how to drive and Daddy still drives for us (I know, I know! I should be doing something about that!). Anyway, I sleep curled up in the backseat (Kasya pa ako). Thing is, no matter how deep my sleep is, I always know when we’re inside the office grounds because I always, ALWAYS get this suffocating feeling. I wish it was just psychological (my work chokes me to death, I don’t feel free inside the office, blah, blah), I mean, I can do something about that. But this feels like I’m being held down by hands and they won’t let me move. Parang bangungot. But the consistency of it happening right when we enter the parking lot is unnerving. Anyway, I know enough that they are just children. I heard them twittering. Ghosts, of course. There was that one time though when this man dressed in black did appear from inside the building and walked towards me. I know these things because I can open my eyes and I can hear stuff, I just can’t move.

I just tell myself that someday, when I’m not in PBSP anymore, at least I can tell my kids that I used to work in a haunted place. It’ll sound so cool then. But now that I’m currently living through it, sheesh, I’ll take Professor Moody’s advice for “CONSTANT VIGILANCE!”


GIRL IN THE MIRROR

Is it a good thing if every time you look at a mirror you surprise yourself with how you look? That keeps happening to me. Just last night, I was riding the bus and I was looking out of the window and I saw my reflection. I was baffled, “Is that Me?” And I remembered that it keeps happening to me. It’s as if I believe I am someone else and I look like something else. Weird thing is, my face never really changes. And I’ve always been a fat kid. So why the dissonance?


BREAKFAST

I can’t get my mind off having breakfast. Maybe I will get some.


Ha. You know what?

I will!

Comments

  1. Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
    sell my car for cash brisbane
    scrap cars brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
    cash for cars ipswich
    car for cash brisbane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures