Decent

I met an old college buddy today, after four years of not seeing him.

Weird. It felt like that corny prose, "A flowering surprise..."

I never understood that phrase until today. It wasn't as if we were very close, but we knew each other well enough. We did have a couple of good laughs and good memories to bring about a smile whenever it is remembered. That could have brought about the pleasant feeling when I saw him like a friendly ghost from the past. :) Another thing I suddenly understood was why he was so damn popular back in those days. Geez, he was cute then and girls giggle a lot around him. But I guess, now, he's just plain handsome. When we talked, he was still the same funny, sweet guy na mejo makulit. Now, it's a bit tempered though. A bit mellowed down. All grown up? I never thought I'd see the day. :)


On another note, I saw something incredible on the way home tonight. We were passing in front of UST in Espana and I saw a woman slumped down on the middle of the freaking avenue. She looked a bit crazed and in great danger of being ran over because she simply couldn't be seen above the car dashboard. Standing behind her was this guy, this student, who looked like he was convincing her to stand and go somewhere safer. He was tall and he was wearing white (probably taking up Nursing). He had something slung back on his right shoulder and in the glare of the headlights around them, he almost looked like an angel standing over the despaired.

I don't know if he managed to steer the woman off the road. I wish I could've stayed. For one second, I had the wild impulse to ask Daddy to stop the car so I can help. More than the concern for the woman, I was also extremely amazed with the guy.

Kin. That's the first word that flashed in my mind. Doesn't make much sense.

Oh, that guy was just so decent. If some weird, twisted time comes in some upside downplace and someone demands me to choose one person out of a multitude of strangers to marry, on pain of losing my life, I'll choose him. Whoever he was. For that one act of kindness he showed.
Incredible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures