The Seasonal O.C.

Obsessive-Compulsive.

Who me?

Not characteristically. Although I guess there is a tiny sliver of a tendency for me to become one. It is often drowned out by my stronger urge to just wing it, but sometimes, the sliver expands and elongates until it compels me to act... ACT....NOW.

Went on an OC streak last night and cleaned my office desk. By that I meant spent three hours and a half filing (yuccch), organizing, throwing away things I don't need anymore. I just wanted to get rid of the clutter because it's clouding my mind. The end result was an amazingly clean desk. I still have to organize some of the remaining loose files in my incoming and outgoing tray, but that's like what? A half hour's work and I've slated tomorrow night for that. I'm so relieved all the mess is gone. Even if work still bites, I can actually breathe so much easier now.

I've also been noticing I write slower now, with an urge to perfect the curves of my handwriting. Me. Who could scribble a note on a piece of paper and have it pass off as a doctor's prescription. Something's up, and I like it. :)

Return of the Native

My realm is childhood, that is what i know. When the world worries me, I see it as my right to go back to the past and reminisce those more innocent times. This evening, I caught myself going back twice. First trigger was when I saw a guy entering a hovel along Quezon Avenue (going to Q Circle right after the autoduct) and he's framed by the yellow light of an incandescent bulb. It reminded me of my grandparents' house in Camp Olivas, Pampanga. I think it was the light that brought me back. ANd the fact that the house was surrounded by a clump of trees.

Second trigger was Work. More specifically thinking about what I still had to do for Work. I'm quite challenged these days by a new project for one of our Member Companies. It's an Artificial Reef project in Bauan, Batangas. It's the first time I'm going to be hands-on on a Coastal Resource Management type of project. Exciting and exhausting at the same time. So, I was thinking about that (it wasn't at all unpleasant) and I remembered back in high school I thought my work will never take me far from home. When I was 14, i loved listening to talkative deejays on the radio because I love responding to their questions. Those were the days before text, and what was "in" was the beeper. That particular day, i was seated outside the house, half-way through my novel for the month. The deejay asked us listeners what we'd like to do for a job and I beeped in that I'd like to be a writer. That way I get to stay home and work at the same time. I remember the radio host responded by saying, "Well, good for you." He said it so half-heartedly as if he never quite believed it. I took a bit of offense at that and I think I may have even muttered, "Well, yeah, I'll show you." But then now, I realize I was young and I had no idea what i was talking about.

Ah, childhood. The one place I can always return to and always feel better afterwards. :)
---------

I WANT TO WATCH:

MUST LOVE DOGS (Just to see if the book I read is in any way related to it... and oh yeah.. I heart John Cusack)
WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY (Just to see the fantasyland and how Depp manages to pull it of this time yet again)
CRASH (Sandra B. in it. The movie discusses basic social issues. Hmmm.. good "Nuf for me. )
ARAHAN (It's Korean and it looks fun... rhyming not intended)
IF ONLY (Ewan ko, maganda daw... Kala ko talaga hindi, so I want to watch to validate. Yaw ko kasi si J Love and Paul Nichols looks so sleazy to me)


-------

This Wekeend I want to attend a Storytelling Workshop. It's only for P500 and it might do me some good in the creative department. Dunno. Must finalize plans soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures