The Longest Days

Book in Hand: Beyond Imagination ( a compilation of fantasy stories)

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I just keep making the mistake of thinking it's Friday already. (Okay, okay, it's just me...) I can't believe it's only been two days into the work week. Egad, time crawls around here.

GEEKS RULE!!!

Last night, I went to Glorietta to attend the 3rd Philippine Science Fiction and Fantasy Convention. How absolutely geeky. :) Norman spoke highly of last year's convention that's why, this time, I promised myself I won't let the event just pass me by. Un-for-tunately, this year's event was just a going-through-the-motion stuff. The G ACtivity Center was a little too small for the convention, and it might also have done better if it was slated during a weekend. Still, it wasn't half as bad as I make it sound. There were lots of booths to browse through, mostly Star Wars art stuff. The best thing about the gathering was that, you could be as geeky as you want to be. No one would look at you weirdly if you can mouth off all the fantasy trivia you know. I think I was the only one doing that whenever I pass a Trekkie (I still don't get that). :) We consider it as an unofficial Book Club Gimik (sans Peloy: darn it, kid, where were ya??) since Edward and Mariel also came.

So guys, the next unofficial gimik would be, of course, Neil Gaiman's visit to the Philippines, right? Pipila tayo for autograph, okay?

CHINESE-JAPANESE FUNK

Drowning in tea, and still not flailing. That's me. Been eating way too much Chinese and Japanese food plus tea since yesterday and I'm starting to feel it's toll on me. NAIIHI AKO! But I have to say, nag-enjoy ako sa lunch kahapon. Gilda, Ate Sarah, Ian, Eman and I all went to Mr. Choi (?) in Robinson's Place. It had the funkiest ambiance. The food was a bit over the average, the price was not cheap but not too expensive either (ok lang). I just love it when we eat it out together. Masaya lang. People from work not talking about work. It's refreshing. It feels nice to laugh during weekdays too, as much as I laugh during weekends. Kahit minsan lang.

For dinner, ate at Tokyo Tokyo with the BClub. Went dizzy eating too much sushi and tempura. Kanina, sa Le Ching sa Greenhills, Siopao overload. Tsk, tsk. Sana bukas, Italian naman. :)

WORK-RELATED PROBLEMS

Oh, but who wants to read about my work-problems? Who wants to know I basically want to squish all the fussy donors and all the complicated people I have to deal with? Who wants to know I wish I never see any of them ever again? That I'd rather eat raw worms than go to the office if given the choice? Because worms are much more appetizing than the paperwork I have to deal with. I am so burnt out. I'm not physically tired as I am all wrung out of energy or spirit. That's why I just write, so I could get this out. I don't want to quit my job, I think I like it. But I keep forgetting I do because it stresses me out that even my dreams are full of it. Wah! Shut up! Shut up!

FURTHER COMMENTS ON LAST SUNDAY'S ENTRY

bala ka olivia. yokonayokonayokonayokonayokonayokonayokonayokonayokonayokonayokonayokonayokonayokona!!!

SOMETHING HAPPY TO CHEW

Snickers bars! God's gift to overstressed girls like me! Don't care if it goes straight to my hips, I need every bit of leverage I can get to muck through the mess that is this world. So in the end, Olivia's happy. As I've said before: I can save the world one chocolate bar at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

The Last Station: Leo Tolstoy's Last Days