The Improv Girl

Book in Hand: Maskerade by Terry Pratchett
Song in Mind: Same Ground by Kitchie Nadal


FIRST DAY FUNK

Tomorrow's the first day of CWTS classes in De La Salle. That is the reason why my desk is clothed with yellow post-its and belabored with my notebooks right now. Who says teachers get all the fun? (For those who are not quite following: I'm facilitating civic welfare training service classes every Saturday in DLSU). They also have to study as the students do. I learned that from my parents who are both professors. Why d'ya think out house is bursting at the seams with a variety of books?

Another wrong notion is that teachers look forward to the first day of classes with a sadistic kind of pleasure. Ha! It could get kind of scary for us too. I'm meeting complete freshies tomorrow, and some might think that's easy. But nobody could really tell the kind of little devils they might turn out to be.

SPREAD YOURSELF THIN

This is of course utterly impossible for me if taken literally. But a few have raised their questions about my capacity to keep my sanity with everything that I have to do. But I'm through with not taking opportunities because I don't feel like it, or because I don't want to go through the bother anymore. I want to DO. I want to ACT.

I've been hesitant about getting a teaching load this term, since everything in PBSP right now is enough to daunt a spinning dervish. But I have to have something separate and mine. I just want something else besides Presentation Reports and PPOA and damage control. Something I'm doing because I want to do. That's why I'm getting all these extras. I guess that's also my reason for getting the contributor's job at Peloy's magazine. I just have to keep on writing.

In my heart, I know I am a lazy girl. But I have enough time to be lazy later; right now, life is about doing and surviving. That's all I know.


SCOPING OUT GATEWAY

The Book CLub will be meeting tomorrow afternoon. It's our STAR WARS weekend. This time, we'd be scoping out the Gateway Mall in Cubao, just to see what's the beef on it. I am kind of looking forward to exchanging books with them, which I believe would be phanta-stically bountiful. But I can't help doubting if I would be able to read it any time soon. Like this month, I wasn't able to read 3 of the 5 books Mariel lent me. I wasn't able to read the 2 books Norman lent, just Legends.

Also, I'm not as excited about malling this time around because I am drastically short on money. I just have enough to buy a nibble and buy tickets for the movie. And commuting fare.

BANG-BANG!!! BRATATATATATAT!!!!!!

Fie Finance and GSU FOR THIS PREDICAMENT!!! Had a bit of situation at work kasi where I used my own money to facilitate reproduction of blueprints for a school building project we have. Mga 2 thousand pesos din yun. Three weeks na wala pang bumabalik na reimbursement!!! Una, hindi agad nakagawa ng memo ang kailangan gumawa ng memo. Kami pa sa unit ang gumawa para pirmahan niya at papirmahan niya sa boss niya. Tapos, ang 3-day processing ng finance namin, ay in actuality 30 days ata. So there. Namumulubi ang mga staff. Kung sa sweldo ko lang kami umaasa buong pamilya, siguro namumuti na ang mata namin.

NOT NICE ANYMORE

So when people at work tell me: "Aba, si Olivia may tinatago palang ka-sutilan / kasalbahian / apoy / maitim na bugso ng damdamin / dilang matalim..."

Aba, wag na kayo magulat. Ayaw ko na naiipit. Ayaw ko na rin ako ang kawawa. Kaya ko rin sumigaw. Mas malakas pa, kasi mas malaki ang baga ko. Kaya ko rin kayo daganan. Awa na lang ng Diyos ang makakapagligtas sa sansinukob.

Hay, bwiset.

Sinong niloko ko.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures