giting ang pusod ng bawat hininga

I heard a song by Noel Cabangon today with "Kagampan" somewhere in its title. The lyrics were written in super deep Tagalog that I cannot understand half of the words but it had a superb over-all effect. There's a line there that says: "Gusto kong mabuhay sa lugar na kagampan ng langit at lupa'y mapayapa... at ang buhay ay giting ang pusod ng bawat hininga.."

Niiice. The only time I've ever written Filipino poetry was in high school --- back when I still had to for class. But if I was ever any good, I want to write something just like that. It just has this uplifting effect; I still smile wistfully when I remember those lines.

Also, something hilarious happened to me and Ella today. I haven't laughed that hard in weeks! We had our picture taken, or rather, our portraits drawn by this machine we found in the games arcade. It's similar to those Foto-me booths where you go sit inside and pose for a pic. It took us sometime to figure out how to manipulate the camera ( we kept saying "bakit pang -pandak lang yung camera? sabay luhod--- yun pala, may button lang to push para mag-swivel yung cam upwards and we don't have to crouch in front of the god forsaken thing) and we took our sweet time combing our hair and arranging our clothes (I even arranged my bra inside the booth). Only to find out there's a monitor outside and we had an audience the whole time.

Shame and thunder!!!!

IT WAS pretty difficult to walk away dragging a bit of what dignity was left us. We both were red-faced with embarassment. But well, it's pretty funny, after you get over the fact we put on a show for half a dozen strangers. We were laughing all the way home. Oh, it feels good to be bent-up with hilarity again! We had a bit of souvenir from that brief stint of temporary immaturity(the print out of our portrait, done in sharp pencil sketch - ala Leonardo da Vinci , as the machine claims it is), and it actually looks pretty nice. :)

Had a really, really, good day. Pilantod ankle and all things considered. I think I have the chutzpah to do everything I have to do for next week. I'd be rewarding myself with a trip to Iba, Zambales next Saturday anyway. I'm going snorkeling!! Wahey!

New reviews are up in the GG Theater blog, by the way. Just two there: Finding Neverland and The Amittyville Horror. Check it out if you have the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures