The Chattering Chit

Chitchat Number 1:

Truth is, I have been crushing on a certain guy for some time now. I never discuss this online because there's an off-chance he reads this blog. Once in a while, at the least, I know he has visited some of this site's links.

But everytime I see his text message on my phone, I get fluttery cretins disturbing my stomach and I have the irresistable urge to daydream. I tried imagining myself dropping everything just to be closer to him... it's a nice premise. Starting all over again somewhere new and strange and far from this maddening crowd. But I realized 2 things:

1. He'll never like me that way.
2. We're out of each other's league.

I don't know if the 2 are actually one and the same. I feel it isn't. The first is about tastes. The second is about capacity.

I will probably rot in the province. And how will I achieve my dream of making it big in the UN or ever become an advisor for the Prince of Wales Foundation if all I network with are trees?

But wouldn't it be nice? (The Beach Boys keep singing in my head: Beat, tap, tap, tap ... wouldn't it be nice if we lived together in the kind of world where we belong...)

Chitchat Number 2:

Pinoy Big Brother is such a joke. I don't get why my cousin is so into it. He was fuming mad tonight when Wendy wasn't the one kicked out. He kept muttering that it's the stupidest show on earth. Betcha he'd be watching it again tomorrow though. BUT --- i have to agree with him. It's a stupid show, and people have better things to occupy their time with than to watch other people living their life inside a make-believe house. Sometimes they get so caught up that they don't even notice that they're forgetting to live their own lives watching all those reality shows.

And anyway, Wendy is .... not likeable. Her pretty face is marred by her constant pouting, bawling, brawling, and mewling. Bruce has got to be more visually impaired than Helen Keller. Wendy should've been gone long time ago.

Which reminds me of the comic book Casper who's got a witch friend named Wendy. Ha! PBB's Wendy is also a witch, but spelled with a capital B.


Chitchat Number 3:

Whoever invented the fully automatic washing machine deserves to be praised for the rest of eternity. Life is so much easier when all you have to do is dump your clothes and go.

People should invent a fully automatic ironing mechanism as well.

Which reminds me --- when I was a kid, I wanted a robot maid just like Richie Rich does. Her name was Irona, wasn't it? :P

Want Irona.


Chitchat Number 4:

I am re-reading Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy. A LOT of people keep saying they loved it. When I read it, I got bored to smittereens. So, I'm thinking maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind when I read it. It was after all, 4 years ago. I'm going to try again. Let's see if anything's different now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

The Last Station: Leo Tolstoy's Last Days