Of Books and Bitches

Oh, the cleverness of me!

I found Lud-in-the-Mist by Hope Mirrlees in Booksale for just 60 bucks! This book had been out of print for decades now, and had just been recently reprinted in the U.S. I saw an ad for it in one of my Realms of Fantasy magazines, and I saw a blurb there by Neil Gaiman (all hail the chief!) giving the book the most unbelievable praise. I would just simply die with happiness if in the future, Neil (all hail the chief!) would be uttering similar sentences about something I have written. He said that Lud-in-the-Mist is:

"The single most beautiful, solid, unearthly, and unjustifiably forgotten novel of the twentieth century."

Just reading his recommendations makes me want to tear up by the promised enchantment of it. And I believe Gaiman (all hail the chief!) because he also recommended Sunshine by Robin McKinley and I loved it.

Suffice to say, I can't wait to read the book!

Mr. Gaiman (all hail the chief! - - ok, ok, I'll quit it now...), please recommend more books, because I am a big fan of yours and I would surely like to pick your brains. But since I could not, I'd pick up the things you'd pick from the books you read instead (or at least, I'll try).

Image hosting by Photobucket Neil "He's-A-Damn-Genius" Gaiman

Now, I am absolutely over-the-moon when I heard that there would be a movie version of his book, Stardust. He's helping rewrite the script so it can't possibly suck. I saw the pic of the guy who will play Tristan, and I'm happy because he fits the bill. I have no idea who that actor was, but I think that will help him carry the role much better. Only thing is, Yvraine will be played by Claire fu_ken Danes who hated the Philippines when she filmed a movie here, and absolutely showed no gratitude for whatever else she experienced here (it can't be all that bad, sorry-ass primadonna biatch). Oh well. There could've been worse actresses. I mean, it could've been Paris Hilton and then the movie's suckage rate will just go space-age high. Better a good actress who biatches, than a biatch pretending to be an actress.

No, those aren't very nice words, right? Sorry. Will rinse my mouth with Listerine, pronto. And I will write on three black boards that - - I will not say Paris Hilton and other like swear words again.

No, am not nice tonight.

Even if my soul is happy because it is raining.
Night, y'all! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures