Gone Postal

Book in Hand: Le Divorce by Diane Johnson
Song in Mind: When I'm Thinking About You by The Sundays

Image hosting by Photobucket

Feel like a little girl seeing the world for the first time.

Don't worry, when I've entitled my entry today as gone postal, I don't mean to reiterate that I simply have gone insane the past few days. What I meant is that, I have LITERALLY, gone postal.

Took a trip to the Central Post Office today, in between field work areas. I posted the letters I have been writing to Andrea for the last three days. I just found the idea - - sentimental. I wrote the letters because that's definitely cheaper than seeing a shrink and it allowed me to put on paper all these trivial things swirling inside my head. So I told it to my best friend who I am confident will read it, understand it and put the same value to it as I would. Sending it out through the post, as old-fashioned people would, gave it a bit more spark for me. And stamped envelopes are so pretty, besides.

I did some quick calculations on how much I have saved when I decided to just thresh out my feelings by writing about it versus going to a shrink versus just hang myself up the rafters.

If Liv Went to the Shrink

Internet Card to Search Net for Shrink Offices in Manila: P 100
Transportation from Tala, Caloocan to Shrink Office (let's say, Makati): Cab P 300
Lunch before entering Office: P 150
Magazine to Read inside the Office (not interested to read Mags entitled: If I Were Sane, Juday & Ryan Forever, Family Squares) : P 125 (Ok! Mag preferred)
Vendo Coffee while waiting for turn: P 12
New Shirt (as I would probably spill coffee on myself) : P 450
Shrink Professional Free: P 2,500 / 2 hours
Souvenir T-SHirt (Been There, Gone Mad) : P 200 (size triple XL)
Transport Back : P 375 (mas matrapik na eh)
1 Pint Vanilla Ice Cream for Pigging Out: P 55 (Magnolia Vanilla Flavor)
2 1.5L Coke to hype myself up: P 64

TOTAL EXPENSES: P 4,331


If Liv Hung Herself Up the Rafters

Strong Rope: P 85 (2 meters)
Pen and Paper for Suicide Note : P 30

SUBTOTAL : P 115

Renovation to Install Rafters Inside my Room: P 59,600

TOTAL EXPENSES: P 59,715


What It Cost Liv to Write to Dre

Pen and Paper: P 30
Envelope: P 5
Stamps: P 7

TOTAL EXPENSES: P 42!!!!!


See how cost-efficient it was? :)

Hehe...I don't know if I can continue writing to her the next few weeks. I guess, the important thing is, I did it now because it needs to be done. It helped me cope better. And thus, Geeks Guide is now back in operation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

The Last Station: Leo Tolstoy's Last Days