Entertainment WEAKly

Yeah, yeah, I know. I advertised that I would be publishing my commentary on Pinoy Big Brother. Just that, I really don't care anymore. The bane of a writer's existence is the waning of the flame to write about something. No matter how trivial or nonsensical that something is.

All I really wanted to say about the show is that its being used as a Media Lab, and the people inside are nothing more than just Lab Rats. Probably wanted to see the Pinoy Masa Reaction to Gay Liberation (nothing wrong with that except that they made it a publicity stunt). What should have been a personal journey became a worldwide broadcasting ng "paglaladlad." Well, matanda na si Rustom, and he probably knows what he's doing. That is a non-issue now. What gets to me is the blatant use of advertising for drinking products, for soap, for Jamine Trias' album.... Lahat na. But that's not really my problem anymore. Since I don't like it, I just turn the TV off. Period.

Ever since we lost our cable connection (wahaha... we didn't pay the subscriber for just 3 darn months and pinutulan na kami... bahala sila), I have been suffering from Nothing-Good-On-TV Blues.

I miss CSI, I miss the happy and gay Fab Five, I miss the hunky chefs in the Lifestyle Channel, I miss Star Movies, I miss HBO! We've been so without a good television show that I now have to make do watching American Idol at ABC 5, and Sunday Cinema Presents in that new Channel 11 QTV. Now I know that everything else is crap, crap, crap.

Wala na ring My Juan and Only which I watched kasi ang cute ni Aaron (who plays Juan).

My expectations from that new show at ABSCBN called Komiks were cruelly dashed because, again, it's just an acting lab for their new cast of teen stars.

Yun namang Gulong nga Palad, gulong ata ng 18 wheeler monster truck kasi ang tagal umikot ng istoriya!

Yung mga Koreanovela sa Channel 7 at 2, halos paulit-ulit na lang ng tema. Naduduling na ata ako sa dami ng Singkit sa TV.

Yung bagong soap ni Juday at Piolo, napaka-bland. Si Piolo lang ata ang bulag na nakakatitig sa mata ng ibang tao na parang nakakakita pa.

Sa Starstruck, ang gusto ko manalo si Marky kasi naiiba siya. Hindi nakakasawa ang dating, hindi tulad nung mga kasama niya sa Top 4 na babae na pareng sugar-coated doughnuts, nakakaumay. Pero hindi ko pa rin pinapanood yung show, kasi boring pa rin. Tsaka puro non-elimination night, gaguhan na lang.

May Darna pa ba? Featuring the magnificent twin stars ni Angel Locsin na lumalaki with every episode? Wala na rin atang Panday, where we can see Heart in her successful reenactment of a comatose patient. Guwapo lang kasi si Jericho sa red shirt niya na walang manggas at unbelievable ang espada niyang humahaba pag na-eexcite.

Eto pa isa, yung Bora ng AbsCbn. Walang kakuwenta-kuwenta. Forgive my bluntness, but it's just a means of showcasing their casts' brawns and not their talent. Its just an excuse to feature girls in bikini on TV. Walang matinong storyline, walang matinong jokes, walang matino!

Hay, tama na nga ang tirade na ito. Eh di huwag na lang manuod ng TV diba? I just choose what appeals to me and I watch it. If nothing on TV is good, I turn the darn set off. Tipid pa sa kuryente. May E-Vat pa naman ngayon.

And yet, why don't I feel consoled? Why can't we seem to develop good, smart TV shows? The only shows that fit that are the journalistic documentaries. But even then, it still resorts to sensationalism sometimes. Tsk, tsk. Proud to be Pinoy ako, but in regular moments when I'm lounging in the living room and bored to tears, I often wonder why.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

The Last Station: Leo Tolstoy's Last Days