Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2



Yeah, I watched it. The same way I watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 1. It's still the same silly premise: a pair of pants that magically fit 4 girls and supposedly makes miracles happen. I hurt just telling you about it. I mean, the premise is that bad.

But this is a movie you watch not because of the story but because of the stars. All 4 girls in the movie had moved on to become famous one way or another. My favorite, Alexis Bledel is better known for her role in the Gilmore Girls. Amber Tamblyn is Joan in the tv series Joan of Arcadia. America Ferrera IS Ugly Betty (and fabulous at it) and Blake Lively rose like a rocket because of Gossip Girl. To top it all off, ALL of them are gorgeous.

I wish I could give an apt synopsis, but that's just like asking the reasons for existence of a bimbo. Bridget (Lively) has family drama, Lena (Bledel) has boy troubles, Tibby (Tamblyn) had a pregnancy scare and Carmen (Ferrera) needed to get over some insecurity issues. That's all you really need to know. The rest is eye-candy and brain-popsicle.

But if there's one thing I did appreciate in the movie, it's this: Friendships change. But it's possible to grow into individual selves without growing apart. And that's one thing I really, really understand.

SO here's a shout out to my Sisterhood: Dre, Yel, Leah, Sep, Petit and Ryln. Finding one pair of pants that amazingly fits each of us is impossible (Leah and I cancels the possibility out), but I love how we have become ourselves and yet have managed to know we'll always be there for each other no matter what. My life is just as charmed as the movie was because I have you girls. I heart all of you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures