The DVC, Taylor Hick's Awful Song and Good Reasons to Smile

Is it just me or is The Da Vinci Code kind of boring? Or is that just my standard reaction to any movie that stars Tom Hanks in it?

I am totally uninspired to write a geek's guider on it. I mean, what would it be for? People read the book, and now they've watched the movie. The only redeeming thing about the flick was my favorite actress' American film debut. Yes, I'm speaking of Audrey Tautou. She made the movie watch-able for me.

Maybe it wasn't even worth defying the Catholic Bishop Conference's explicit forbiddance to not watch the movie. Hay, I'm not worried about how my soul could be corrupted by the film. I'm more worried I'll never get my money back which could've been better spent on X MEN III.

Vapid reasoning, yes. Nevertheless, it's valid reasoning too.


DO I MAKE YOU PROUD?

Make no mistake, I'm happy Taylor won AI. I have mentioned this time and again. But it's just such a sorry thing we have to listen to his awful debut single. I didn't know people still wrote kitschy lyrics like that. How many cliches did they have to fit in one stanza anyway? Chockful of tired adages, that song.

Well, we could have had it worse though. We could be listening to McPhee's My Destiny and that's just plainly not right. That's just so wrong.


REFORMED BEACH BUM

This pics prove that I am now a beach fan. I used to hate the sun and sand, but I'm starting to change my mind. It's the sea that did it. I can stand the irritating sand and the awful hot sun as long as the waters are there. Oh, and yeah, good friends as well.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


REASONS TO SMILE

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

'Nuff said.

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:44 AM

    Oo ba! Sayang nga, gusto ko sana manood ng AI tour pero wala na yata tix! Iha-HI pa naman kita kay Elliott!

    Tagal na tayong di nagkikita. Pagbalik ko, promise, coffee naman tayo. Miss na kita!

    Hi mo na lang ako sa mga bru pag nagkita-kita kayo pag-uwi ni Arlene ha!

    See you in a bit. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures