There's Something I Want


A big box of Crayola.

I think I want to do colouring books. I think I want to color something magenta and aquamarine. I guess I need to de-stress. Oh boy, you don't know the week I had.

Yesterday, I almost self-destructed in the office. I was snappish and incoherent. I was drowning with all that camp crap that I can't think straight anymore. Good thing Ian helped down a save. While everybody else went out, in the blistering heat, to have lunch, he decided to stay. He also hates the heat as much as I do. He waited for me to finish, and I knew that was a sacrifice because he's been complaining about his hunger since 10:30 a.m. and I got done around 11:45. Don't know why, but it made me realize I shouldn't be a total bitch. I calmed down.

Today, I got hit by the flu. Feverish, cold sweats, et.al. I took the day-off, but guess what? I worked the landline AND my cellphone (sometimes at the same time!) contacting people, typed all afternoon, and even now, I just had to take a break but I'm not yet done. Sick leave my arse. I doubt if I can see straight by tomorrow.

And so... Aquamarine, Carribean Green, Cornflower, Cerulean, Chartreuse, Dandelion, Periwinkle... That's what I want to think about. Colors.

Because if not, I'll end up a GRAY mass, puddling in my seat, electrocuted by my own brain cells as punishment for courting complete self-annihilation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures