A Dark Fantasy

He wrapped his arms around my waist, his chin on my shoulder.
"I think I have to let you go..."

My heart skipped a beat, too afraid to understand if its pain or elation I'm feeling.
"What?" I asked.

He buried his face at my nape. "Don't think I haven't noticed... you've got that far-off look in your eyes, like a bird trapped in a cage. And... you haven't written anything the few months we've been together."

"I was taking a rest... I was..." I weakly replied.

"You were uninspired." he finished for me.

And my silence was all he needed to confirm it was true.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures