Dream Works

Last night, I was just disclosing to you how I try to "influence" my dreams. I decided to study it scientifically -- that is, to attempt visualization every night and then record it upon waking just before the images fade. This way, I might be able to get more reliable data to interpret in answering my question: Can I actually influence what I dream about by actively visualizing images before entering the pre-REM stage?

I know there are already loads of psychological studies about this, but I'd like to gather my data, interpret it and only then shall I compare it with the others. I don't mind reinventing the wheel, that much is obvious. :)

Night 1

What I did was briefly flash an image of Neil Gaiman in my mind. For one bothered second, I was scared my brain would misinterpret it and give me weird, romantic (or worse, PG-18) scenes with Neil. Then I justified it by saying that it's what Mr. Gaiman represents that I'd like to dream about. And that is freedom to dream in color.

I'm not sure how it all connects; I fell asleep wanting to dream about Neil Gaiman but ended up dreaming about Prince William. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I'm just curious how my brain came up with that. I don't see much similarities between the two save for their being British. If that's the case, then why didn't I just dream of Terry Pratchett or the British Royal Jewels? (Although I do have a theory that it's because I don't adore them as much as I adore William) :)

But as I believe I have mentioned before, the plot of my dreams are rarely staged the way I want them. The Prince William in the Otherland just happened to be visiting a house we were in and I managed to get his autograph. And a picture where our shoulders touched, I think. Hay. When I woke up, it was then I regretted that it didn't have any weird, romantic (or better yet, PG-18) scenes in it. Hehe.

I'm one of those who can stretch a dream by just falling asleep again once awoken. But even then, nothing amazing happened except that I started talking to Prince William about marshmallows and was excited to get his insights about it. I failed to record his opinions since it slipped my mind the moment I opened my eyes in the tangible world. I'm not surprised. I mean, good Jupiter, marhsmallows?? Wars are raging, disasters striking, a jagillion and one things could have been good conversation pieces. I believe myself to be intelligent enough to restrain from talking about marshmallows... and yet my dreams are intent to disprove it. Heck, I don't even like marshmallows all that much!

Ewan. I'm not sure if this can be chalked up as "succesful" or "unsuccessful", but there it is. That was Night # 1.

G'nyt, y'all.


P.S. Pick Pickler as one of the top 3 in American Idol (forgive her bewildered performance tonight, please...) And let Elliot have another run as well. Please vote off Ace, or Taylor "the Drunken Master" Hicks. I like them guys, but, well, they are expendable. Sorry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures