My New Old Crush

So you know about my fascination with James McAvoy (gads, who doesn't?).

And how, after 10 years, I still sometimes wish Ryan Agoncillo met me first.

Or whenever I see a Friends re-run, I find myself thinking I wouldn't mind a Ross in my life.

And since we're talking imaginary here, throw in Harry Dresden to that mix.

Well, I can add somebody new to that list today. I want a Jim Clancy all to myself.

Jim who, you say? Well, blame it on OD-ing on Season 4 of the Ghost Whisperer. Jim Clancy is Melinda Gordon's husband on the show. For some twisted reason, I like Jennifer Love Hewitt. And I love the idea of Jim Clancy (played by David Conrad). The handsome, strong, stable husband who supports his wife even if most people think she's cuckoo.



My sister did comment that Jim Clancy is a little too wussy for her. Well, of course, FOR HER, stable isn't a necessary characteristic of "The One." They will bore each other to death. I, on the other hand, am in constant danger of going off-kilter.

So of course, I am smitten with David Conrad. He probably isn't anything like the character he plays for all I know, but I remedied that.

Imagine my surprise when I googled him and found out he's, like, ancient already. He was born in 1967 and even if I'm no good with Math, I know enough to realize he's already 41 years old. But... he studied in Brown and graduated in Julliard, and he turned down blockbuster movies to act on stage. Sigh. He's gorgeous. Probably inside, and definitely out.



Gosh, that isn't the face of a 40-year-old. And much as I tease my best gff for liking fuddy-daddies, this one, I wouldn't mind at all. Not at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures