25 years old & hitting the ground running

There's no denying it.

I have entered the portal to the adult world and there's no turning back. The air is thick with the scent of confusion, and the very atmosphere feels like an unguent I have to slosh through. Ah, the wonders of growing up! Barely a week into my 25th year, I am now in heavy debt, completely unsure of what the future holds despite the careful planning I made when I was still a bravado-fed novice.

Not having a decent night's sleep seems to be the in-thing anyway. So, I'm just going with the flow. No wonder people are dying younger every year. I mean, not to whine, but, this is crap.

And yet again, it makes me teary-eyed to think that people are not as unfeeling as they are made out to be. When I have every right to feel alone, despairing and hopeless, friends and family pour out their support to keep the starboard straight. I am financially in debt, yes, but the warmth I received from people overflows. So, at 25, I am poor but overwhelmingly rich.

The Irony in life keeps it interesting. Enough to keep me hanging around and holding on for, maybe another 25 years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures