Under the Weather

I really haven't been feeling well these past few days. I often get stomach cramps because of my absolute love (greed?) to eat, but the past few days they had been unusually bad.

I have a weird suspicion that our canteen food is making me sick. Last Friday, we had an activity we had catered by them and I ended up sick that evening. Last night, I got home to the most violent case of stomach problems I've ever known and that's after eating nothing the whole day except canteen food.

One would think, right?


PBSP Sportsfest 2006

Last year, I happened to be in the losing team. This year, my team won a SWEEP except for one fun game and emerged as over-all champion.

I'm in the LIME GREEN Team this time (bakit may Lime, Lime pa silang nalalaman? Ketchis. Ewan!) Of course, I reminisced about the utter patheticness of my team last year, and I found myself saying that I won't get so involved emotionally this time.

You see, when I say I am a pacifist and I hate competition, what I'm really saying is that I hate losing. I don't like it, I'm not used to it. Now, yesterday I had a headache that can split atoms and I wanted to go home early. But then we started winning all the major sports event (badminton, volleyball and basketball) and I found myself not able to tear myself away. Of course, it was also a factor that I had to stay to emcee the whole hoopla. I also decided to stay for the cheering competition because I utterly believe I can help cheer even if I can't dance moot.

And fancy that, we won the cheering competition as well.

Okay, let's talk about team composition because most people believe that's a vital factor. Honestly, when I saw my team's members last Friday I thought we're gonna be the loser team yet again. Sorry ha? Wala kasi dun yung alam kong magagaling talaga. Except for Troy. And, Troy. And Troy. (He's our resident MIS geek who can play any sport na may balls --- ooops, I mean any ball sports pala) Wala sa amin si Eman, si Joyce o si Art. Ang nasa amin ay ang mga naggagandahang dilag ng Training & Consultancy Unit na sina Arnyl (Arlyn?), Reno (Reena?) at Nilda (Manuelito?). Nasa sa amin din ang mahihinhin na sina Ms. Des at Elaine. Ang kasama ko lang na familiar ako ay si Tin "Team Spirit" Jimeno, Astiging Terteen (Thirty?) OmaƱa na mukha lang astig pero bopol talaga sa kahit anong sports na hindi basketball at ang aming nice-newbie-but-sometimes-head-is-floating-in-the-clouds na si Grace. (Does her description sound familiar? Ganun din kasi ako ata)

Just goes to show I really don't know all the people in PBSP yet that well, especially those outside LRO. Astig din nga pala maglaro sina Kuya Louie and "Yao Ming" Andang. Si Ms. Knoy and Elaine pala, pambato sa volleyball. Hidden talent ni Tin sa badminton, napilitang magtanggal ng kumot and mag-shine, shine through the heavens. Si Reno astig sa badminton, kung di ko lang siya ka-baro siguro... anyway. At si Ms. Queenie? Magaling mag-cheer. Ako naman, kaya ko pala ang maging malakas mang-asar ng ibang team. Promise, ngayon lang lumabas yang hidden animal characteristic ko na yan. Bait bait ko di ba?

I guess this teaches me to never assume stuff. I'd never know the people around me if I don't go out and get to know them. Yun lang. Learning Number One.

Hindi ko rin dapat makakalimutan kung gano ka-competitive ang mga tao sa PBSP. Hay, ang fun games pa lang, war games na. Sa Charades kasi, I saw in everyone's faces -- Eto na naman tayo, bangayan na naman dahil sa mga rules na yan. Ang nakakatawa pa, yung mga tao na nagsasabi na "games lang to, fun lang" sila pa yung mga promotor na "O si ano nag-ganyan!" Ah ewan. Pakikuha nga ng dictionary at hanapin ang salitang fun. Promise, hindi kayo fun. Siguro it was our advantage na napundi lahat ng tao dun dahil parang matapos yun wala ng kalatoy-latoy lahat. Doesn't make it an ultra-satisfying win for us (mega lang), pero at least our team didn't let the fire fizzle out.

Last but not the least, I saw that I made a comment last year na pag dumating na yung taon na nanalo ang team ko sa sportsfest, pwede na ako mag-resign. Haha. Signs of the times?

Ketchis.

Ewan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures