Freestanding

Book in Hand: Gifts by Ursula Le Guin
Song in Mind: All I Want by Stephen Bishop

Nope. I don't necessarily have ANYTHING to say. I just got sick of my last entry and I want to update.

So I guess I'll tell you how I've been doing with my Christmas shopping. Woohoo! How exciting, ryt?

Yah, sure's not. But it beats telling you how I watched our neighbor's goat eat up Mummy's newly planted flowers. Yah. I should've booed them away. But if I did, what would I watch then, huh?

Back to shopping. I have engaged myself in very minimal buying activity for the last 2 weeks. This time last year, I was already bursting with excitement --- with most of my Christmas shopping done. This year, I stil get surprised when I hear Christmas songs in the radio.

I guess, I have to disappoint myself a little this year. I can't go into my "Santa-zone" this December. This one's gonna be as simple as it could come.

One good thing is I found a VCD copy of "ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS". It's an old kiddie Christmas movie and I first watched it when I was like nine or ten. I had a huge crush on Ethan Randall then. I wa so dead happy to find a copy last week. I was kind of hoping watching it again would remind me how I loved Christmas when I was a kid. Maybe it can bring some old magic back.

And it did. A little. The one thing that mystifies me is this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

He was a pretty cute kid, huh? But when I see him in his newer movies, he feels weird. I mean, something feels broken now. I can't explain it in words.

But if he is broken, who isn't anyway?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures