Dream of Cats and Dogs

Book in Hand: Still the Romanov Prophecy (very little time to read with work and all)
Song in Mind: That's the Story of (lala), that's the glory of love (hmmm, hmmm...) :)


Had the weirdest,most vivid dream and most morbid dream last night.

I dreamt my family and I were living in a place surrounded by water. There were some strange man-made ponds / irrigation canals around us and its the only place with water in miles. It was a pretty happy dream at first. I was playing with some kids, we were talking and functioning but I started noticing that a cat got killed (I assumed by our dogs) and lies dead on the carport area. Then, a multitude of cats startedshowing up dead, drowned in the canal / irrigation. Most of them were pretty small and still cute, and that's why it bothered me a lot. I think there were at least five dead in that dream. I also remember this pure white, Chesire-looking cat who was also already submerged but still alive, looking up at us. I remember pausing to consider the logical reason for it. I concluded that its probably because the cats were thirsty and came to us because they wanted to drink some water but ended up falling into the water and drowning.

There were also some dogs, I remember a chihuahua was dead as well. But the thing is, I was holding a tiny dog in my hand and trying to keep it warm under my shirt. I didn't want it to meet the same fate as the cats. But when I took my hand out to check on it, I realized I must've pulled or manhandled it enough that he ended up mangled. Bloodless as it was, his head was still cut off, his spine was showing, and his legs got pulled off. I started crying in frustration and grief. I told Ella not to be angry with me because I killed the dog. Then, my attention focused on the TV where a man was talking about burying his dog and that he loved it so much that while burying it, he felt he was slowly dying himself. I remember nodding in agreement.

We found more dead cats. But because I was so heartbroken about my dead dog, I kept coming back to check on it. I remember that the head was separated from the body, but somehow in a blink of an eye, It was connected to the torso which was also quite whole again. The only thing missing were the dog's appendages. He was breathing. And then he woke up and started wriggling about without his legs. I took some tree braches and attached it to were his legs should've been and that's how the dog was able to stand up. I noticed his eyes weren't right (one was wobbling) but all in all, he looked kind of happy. I felt a flood of relief and I was happy even if he had no legs. I remember thinking, well he looks kind of strange but that's not surprising because he was dead after all and now he's back. I could teach him to live without his legs. At least he's alive. And then the dog and I started playing.

Then I woke up.

I absolutely have no idea what it means. It felt riddled with meaning to me, it's just that I don't get it yet. If you have any opinions, feel free to leave a comment. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures