Exodus

Out of the Desolate Lands for a number of days now. Turns out, my survival instincts kicked in and I remembered that misery is a choice, after all. Yep, so much better with the living and the smiling stuff again. Guess Life's just like that, a freaking roller coaster ride all over this complicated planet.

Funny, I should be hyper sad today because I found out Daddy's heart situation isn't getting any better. His heart's left ventricle is very weak, it cannot pump sufficient blood throughout his body. That's why he's been so sick the last few weeks. But what dawned on me was that, if anything bad ever happened to me, that would've wrecked my Dad's heart completely. And since he and Mummy are both sick, I've got to be the strong one now. Also, money's tight right now. I can't believe I got a bit nervous when I thought we had to pay P250 bucks for the dietician's advice for daddy's new diet. I mean, goodness, a measly Php 250 bucks. I started panicking inside because that's exactly how much money I have in my wallet and if I use it, I'm a sitting duck for the next two weeks. And I know my parents' are holding on tight to what little we have because there are bills to pay. Lots of 'em.

Yeah, I have reasons to be sad today. But see, what happened was I looked up to the sky and I saw that it was one amazingly pretty day. Blue skies, fluffy white clouds, clear light streaming in throughout the heavens. Sure a lot of things are tough right now... But look at that sky!

It's so breathtakingly beautiful I just couldn't find it in my heart to hate this world.

So here goes nothing... I'm walking.

Faltering, yes.

But definitely moving forward.

Comments

  1. Kaya ako bilib sayo Liv, eh.

    The stuff you're made of... *i can only smile*

    Because people like you have a special place in my heart.

    Keep walkin. I'm right behind you if you need help Liv.

    Peloyski

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures