Monday Pa Lang?

Or better yet.... 2005 pa rin ba? Feeling ko kasi 2110 na and I've gotten so old.
Not that I expect to be still alive a century from now. God forbid. ;)

I turned down a chance to transfer to another unit today. Only because I have utter belief that it will both exhaust me and bore me to death. Labo noh? I understand that position will be so challenging, hindi siya easy-peasy. What in the whole of PBSP is easy? :) But it will also be boring for me because it's administrative and technical at the same time. And all this months, I've been gunning to build a career profile of a "field person" or what I call a frontliner. Yung tipo bang, pinangsasabak sa laban. Foot soldier, infantry, call it what you want. But I want to be down at the nitty gritty. Just don't throw too many details at me, because I'm freakingly incompetent at keeping track of everything. Ask my bosses. :)

Anyway, I just realized I miss Andrea so bad today. And for some weird reason, si Jed. Then I found out he got a friendster account and he requested to be added to my network. Weird, huh?

Haha. Friendster. Norman detests it. He calls it juvenile. Peloy doesn't seem to be such a big fan either. I'm one to admit it's pretty useless and it is kinda pa-cutesy lang. I mean, it's completely biased. No bad-mouthing could ever get on those pages. So, you just get a skewed view of who the person is. But I have a friendster account because I am fascinated by the fact that we could all be connected to each other, and I love studying by how many degrees.

Ever heard that theory that we are all connected to everyone in this freaking world by not more than seven degrees? I believe it's actually scientific. Wow, diba? And I was so amazed to see that I can get info and even pictures of a person I never imagined I could ever be related to. Kaya nga it works so well para sa mga stalkers dyan. Back then, no one's that paranoid yet in Friendster. Wala pa yung choice to choose who could view your profile. And that was when I enjoyed it the most. to learn that there is this guy in Australia I will probably never meet but is connected to me three friends away. There's a girl in Missouri who turned out to be the cousin of my cousin and is just two people away from being acquainted with. For a person who likes studying people and the way they interact, it was fabulous.

Pero ngayon, boring na. As I've said, pa-cute na silang lahat. And there are so many restrictions. I guess for a good reason. It's just too bad for people like me. All I really wanted was to be knocked off my feet by the mere fact I can be connected to practically anybody in this world. Makes you feel a little less lonely. Somehow.

wait....
Shiyat. Monday pa rin? Gads, welcome to the longest day of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures