Questions to Ask Oneself

“Judge a person by their questions, rather than their answers.” Voltaire.

Good, hell, good. ‘Cos I sure don’t know any answers this point in my life. I know I pretend I do, a lot. But the awful truth is, most of what I know are liquid as of yet. So if asking questions is the start to finding answers, I’ll take that challenge head on.

My first question is this: How much of childhood dreams should you hold on to?

When do you give up?

How do you know if you love what you do and you’re doing what you love?

How does “real interest in people” look like?

How long will people call you “promising” before they switch to “late-starter” and then finally, “failure?”

I call myself a people-person, but how can I be good with them if I actually don’t like people very much?

Much discussed as it is in books and movies, I still can’t imagine how people could fall in love, I mean, for real. How does one subsume oneself, how do you make space?

How can you measure a life lived fully?

How do I fit into God’s plan?

Now, that wasn’t as easy as I expected it to. Cos surely to start asking is to start thinking and thinking leads to searching and searching leads to finding and finding leads to doing and doing becomes being.

Still a long way to go, but at least, it's a start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures