Early Wednesday Freak-Out

Book in Hand: Still Moving Pictures (I'm just shuffling through this book)
Song in Mind: Sadly, no song comes to mind.
Word in Mouth: Avert!

Aaahhh, isn't it a sad day when you realize you do not have a soundtrack in your head to get you through the next 24 hours? There's just this complete cacophony of words inside my brains and it's not half as nice as a melody or a last song syndrome (even if it is that silly Chocolate song). Maybe later my soul will find a song to sing.

Have been trying to sleep in the dorm room again, and again, something's been bugging me. So I just spent not more than 30 minutes trying to get a "last hirit" sleep but had to give up on it. You could only imagine how many times i've muttered the word "avert" just to keep those pesky spirits away. Sigh! And it's not even 8 a.m. Ghosts should be outlawed.

One of my girl best friends is asking me to watch a documentary movie on Thursday night in Megamall. The movie's called "Bunso" and it sounds interesting, but... I am super loaded on that day. I don't think I could leave the office early enough to reach the mall before 6:30. Just wondering how to tell her.

There's a book club meeting next Saturday and that's something to look forward to. More books! And Friday is a national holiday. EDSA Revolution in memoriam. I don't care what they say about Gloria. I'm still one of those juvenile not-quite-adults who rejoice everytime she declares a holiday. It always means a break from work, from all that is bugging me. Immature, yes. But utterly and completely sane. This type of work gets to every nook and cranny of your system, and sometimes, the soul just needs to get away.

I'm in desperate need of a Soul Vacation, and I don't mean in Korea.

=P

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:16 PM

    Hey, I know what you mean...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures