Hurrah!

The dreamweaver finally has managed to set up enough chutzpah to create a blabber, eherm, a blogger. I really should've done this eons ago.

It's after midnight and my favorite radio station has finally signed off. That means I'd be standing every fifteen minutes or so turning my Josh Groban casette tape for the next three hours or so, while I resist the Sandman's seduction. I realize though that I'm not the only one awake as I hear the neighborhood punks try to raise up enough ruckus to wake those who are already blessedly asleep. I'm actually deciding how best to spook them up a bit. I could turn the porch lights on and off. Or hiss at the dogs so they'll bark at the imbeciles. Or invent a static manipulator so I could mess up their rock station reception. I mean, I like listening to angsty music once in a while, but not at MIDNIGHT!!! What i do listen to at night is Groban. I found it so boring that it took a 180 degree turn and I find it actually quite great now. Well, that's the point of being a geek anyway, isn't it? To find the boring things inexplicably exciting. Like Josh Groban. Like peeling off dried glue from your fingers. Like watching raindrops from your window for three hours. Like enjoying the sharp tangy smell of tamarind from your Mum's sinigang. very much like sitting on a rocking chair with a newspaper open on your lap, but what you're actually doing is staring up at the blueness of the late afternoon sky.

Geeks are the most misunderstood creatures.

Movies like to portray us as semi-robotic human forms completely estranged from the world. Calculator in shirt pocket, pen behind ears, notepad on hand, eyeglass precarioulsy atop the nose. How about I skewer your perception a bit and suggest a tantalizing new idea:

Geeks are the world's most passionate people. They are completely essensual. I read this from a book called "Romancing the Ordinary". Essence (the true form of things) + Sensual (the use of the senses)= Essensual. Besides being smart enough to know what the five senses are, geeks have a gift of the sixth, which is wonder. They are just absolutely delighted in learning and finding. Sometimes it takes on the form of near-obsession, or escapism. But it's that same compact and driven interest that bends reality. Geeks don't just conform, if only because they know they have mind enough to grasp the other multiverses that may exist. Creating is so much more fun anyway.

Anyway, that's how I define geeks. You can use whatever name you want, pronounce it anyway you can, but I remain adamantly geeky.

Oh, and just so you know, I completely hate calculators if only because I hate Math.
;)

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures