Guilty Pleasures

Book in Hand: Faith of the Fallen (re-read) by Terry Goodkind
Song in Mind: Fever by Michael Buble
Word in Mouth: Strike

Teeheee... it feels nice to act like an obsessed-teen again. It's been so long with Boyzone disbanding and Stephen Gately (the man I thought I would marry) admitting he's gay thereby crushing all my hopes and making me swear off all musician-infatuation. If there's one thing I miss, it's daydreaming. This time around, my favorite past time is once again ressurected by the fact that there's this really great guy I saw on TV. He was in this contest, and at first I was cheering him on kasi UP din siya eh and uber great ang voice. People I knew who knew him kept on saying how nice he was, and how he was like this and that. Pero, what the heck, aminin na natin, cute din kasi, making it easier to work my way up to crushing on him.

Anyhooo, i just bought his album and I guess it's just one of those guilty pleasures I had to give in to. I think the fact that I'm acting like a kid again is relief in itself. I hate to admit it, but I don't think I'm doing a great job as an adult. I just reminisce about my student days too much. I hate the fact that it's summer again, and for the first time in my life, I have no summer vacation to speak of. My sister is lounging around the house and I still have to wake up at 5 a.m to get to work by 8. I have to worry about other people's problems, make sure to make it my problem and more importantly, make sure I resolve it all by 6 pm. I love my job, but work is work, and I guess I haven't reached that point yet where I have thrown myself completely to being so self-sacrificing. C'mon, who would? In this world, you've got to love yourself a little too. I sound so juvenile, but at this point in my life and with this short-vision lenses I still have on, I needed a break.

Today, that was exactly my point when I went into the music store and snatched Christian Bautista's CD up before the hordes of real teenage girls got to it. Ahaha... vindictively, I revel in acting like I'm sixteen. Tomorrow is soon enough for me to act 22 again.

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures