Writing til You Bleed

I stayed up until 2 am last night finishing my draft for another short story. The point of all this hard work isn't just because NaNoWriMo is coming. I also plan to compile the stories and give them to special people come Christmas time. I can already see it: professionally bound (read Blessings:UP Shopping Center)dark blue booklet with the compilation's title (still haven't decided which one will get star billing)embossed in starry silver. It would look like my NatSci1 readings all over again... Haha!

So you see, the reason for my stellar mood today is not only because I'm writing again, but also because Christmas is near. Although, I did consider that giving a compilation of stuff I wrote might not be the best Christmas gift. I mean, it's one part parusa, and one part narcissistic, and two parts cheapskate. But I'm only giving it to friends who appreciate the fact that I love to write, or knows I'm quirky enough to give it to them not because I want them to suffer through my unbearable prose, but because I want to share my inner world with them.

Besides, Peloy offered to edit, and I trust he won't let me look like a fool to the people I love the most. :D

Oooh, I hope I finish this. I've been planning to do this thing for the last 3 Christmases. Maybe broadcasting it will guilt trip me into doing it. Or force me to save my face. :D

Wish me luck!

And to help me get this done, I call on today's Muse. Ta-da!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures