Dropping a Note

Book in Hand: Round the Fire Stories by Arthur Conan Doyle
Song in Mind: I Wanna KNow What Love Is

Right now, I'm in Iligan City in Misamis Oriental, a place only as as foreign as Bulacan is to me. Nothing extraordinary here, save for the fact that they have a port and they are beside the sea. It also seems fat people are a novelty here because my walking down the street is already a cause for people to watch me proceed. What? Maybe they are half expecting that I'll have a heart attack right in front of their eyes and that would be the most exciting thing that could happen in this sleepy city.

Ha.

Anyway, I'm starting to discover that if I do ever become desperate for a husband, I should head to the mountains or to Mindanao and I'd have a 52.45% chance to be married off. Just my inability to comprehend the Bisaya dialect is cause for the guys here to be especially protective, baka daw mabenta kami sa Intsik sa palengke. Sayang, walang gwapo. Pero kung desperado nga, diba? Hay, matagal pa ang future na yan. Masaya pa ako na bine-baby at wala pa sa utak ko ang magka-baby.

Hindi tulad ni Gilda na bawat sandali ata ay nagbubuntong-hininga. "Hay, wab ko."

Sheesh. God forbid I'd ever go down cheesy lane again. It's cute on Gilda, but I think I'll choke first before that happens to me. Do you know that she's already describing her wedding gown to me? And how she wants to get married? Maybe, that fortune teller is right. There still is a high chance she'd be married by the end of this year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for her and I'm glad she tells me these things. It's just that it makes me realize how I cannot do it. I cannot fall in love. Kahit na akala ko na-inlove na ako. And being flirted at here isn't helping to ease away the disgusted feeling. No. I won't. Ever. Be taken in. Again.

But Gilda says I'm just saying that now. And when the right guy comes, I'd probably change my mind in a second. Let's just see.

From the sound of my entry, you'd think we're not doing work here. But we are still part of the Training Team. Thing is, I don't feel like I'm working. This part of the PBSP job, I do love. Travel plus new people plus progress. Here, people listen to our inputs and believe its important. If my everyday work can just be like this, I think I'd be happier. And saner.

I even had happy dreams last night, even if I'm exhausted to the bones. That's saying something right?

Comments

  1. i'm with Gilda on the love thing. Learn from experiences --- learn from the hurt, the happiness, and whatever else you can learn from. But whatever you do - don't hold back. When love hits you just go at it. Give it your best shot. If it works then it works. If it doesn't then it doesn't.

    PS: Who is Gilda?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, noyps.

    Sheesh, it gives me the creeps, but I will try. :)

    Gilda is my workmate in PBSP, Senior Training Officer. She's also a CSWCD grad, but was three years ahead of us..:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Manong Boie's Advice to Young People

Stephen King says Stephenie Meyer Sucks

Eating Pizza in Pisa and other Tuscan Food Adventures